Sunday, March 14, 2010

My number 8 tooth feels loose and sometimes I can hear it click if the room is really quiet.?

My Number 8 tooth (eft eye tooth) seems like it's loose and often times in the morning when I take off my retainer (clear type retainer that looks like a tooth whitening tray) it feels loose. I know when I have breakfast and if the room is quiet enough, I can hear it click. The tooth has signs of wear on it too, its shape is different compared to my right eye tooth. Also sometimes when I run my thumb underneath this tooth I can feel it click and sometimes hear it. The same sometimes goes with my number 9 tooth (left center). Also and up till October 07, I was told I was clenching during the day time and sometimes I would find myself biting my tongue really hard with the number 8 and 9 tooth involved. teeth havent turned dark. ive visited the dentist several times since October 07 yet he says the teeth are not unusually loose at all compared to my opposite front teeth. will this clicking or slight movement sensation ever go away? Are these teeth maybe damaged for good? Please advise!

My number 8 tooth feels loose and sometimes I can hear it click if the room is really quiet.?
Have you had any type of trauma to the teeth or tooth? It sounds like you may have a hairline fracture? I have that too, and I get the sounds sometimes and it is scary. If you put a flashlight around the area look in the mirror you might be able to pick it up or see where I'm talking about. I guess if it doesn't give you pain then I would just be careful of what I bite into with my front teeth. Otherwise, veneers could be an option ? Have your dentist check again about the fracture lines. They usually don't show up on x-rays. They are common, sometimes referred as stress fractures. Good Luck.



flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


loose teeth © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting