Sunday, October 11, 2009

What can I do to put my daughter at ease over her first loose tooth?!?

I have a 6 year old daughter and today we just noticed that she has a permanent tooth coming in behind her bottom center teeth. Her two bottom teeth are also getting loose. The permanent tooth has already cut all the way through and her baby teeth don't seem so loose that they could fall out any day. It has been a long time since I lost my teeth so I don't remember how my mom went about this. My daughter is terrified that it will hurt when they fall out although she says her friends have lost teeth and never complained about them hurting. (Does it hurt? I wouldn't necessarily tell her but I am curious!!!) Should she keep wiggling the loose teeth? Do we have to be concerned that the permanent tooth is already in? Any help from parents who have gone through this with their youngins would be greatly appreciated!!! She is our one and only and I am at a loss with how to handle this one!!!! ***she is thrilled that the tooth fairy will be making an appearance soon!!!*** Thank you in advance!!

What can I do to put my daughter at ease over her first loose tooth?!?
Well lets see. I do remember my mom chasing me around the house and sitting on my chest to get one out once, but I don't suggest that approach. I found the best way to loosen and remove a baby tooth was to try twisting it. Wiggle back and forth and twist it a bit. Always helped and never hurt.





If they aren't loose at all and her permanents are coming in behind them you may want to go see a dentist and have him exam her and possibly extract her baby teeth. Make room for the permanents to come in correctly.





Good luck
Reply:It really does not hurt, as generally, if the baby tooth is being pushed out by an adult tooth, it comes out all by itself! If she wiggles it, and it does not hurt, then let her do it - kids will do this anyhow! If you let the tooth fairy leave her some money in exchange for the tooth ( under the pillow?) then she'll be cool about the whole thing. Good luck


J :)



konq-bugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


loose teeth © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting